My Sunbelt XXXI Presentation: an Ego Network Approach to study Pro-ana Websites
Here it is -the presentation I gave last Thursday at the XXXI Sunbelt, the Annual Conference of the International Network for Social Network Analysis at St Pete Beach. I focused on the fieldwork methodology, especially the conception of our web-based survey including a participant-aided sociogram drawing tool. In practice, it is a way for us to have our respondents draw their own social networks -so as to make the survey experience more playful and hopefully interesting, in the hope that this may improve the quantity and quality of the collected data. My slides are below (beware: they do not include the actual images of the sociogram, because the fieldwork is still in progress -if you want to know more, just let me know).
Filed under: Social networks, Social science methodology, Socioeconomic studies of health | Leave a Comment
Tags: Eating behaviors, Eating disorders, Food choices, Mixed methods, Network Analysis, Pro-ana and pro-mia websites, Social science data, Web-based social networks
I am an economic sociologist with interest in social networks and their impact on markets, organisations, consumer choice and health.
My research also includes work in social science methodology and data.
- Get to know the new UK Data Service for social & economic sciences: esrc.ac.uk/funding-and-gu… #data @UKDataService 2 weeks ago
- @philmikejones good, see you tomorrow! 1 month ago
- @brainthingsmr with pleasure! I'll be around tomorrow until the plenary #britsoc13 1 month ago
- Good questions for our presentation on social support in online communities on eating disorders: thanks to all! #britsoc13 @anamia 1 month ago
- Just about to present results of our social network study of eating disorder online communities at #britsoc13 @anamia anamia.fr/en 1 month ago
Creative Commons Licence
Paola Tubaro's Blog by Paola Tubaro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at paolatubaro.wordpress.com.